Investing in a Healthier Tomorrow
Palmer College is maintaining its momentum and investing in a healthier tomorrow by taking more bold steps to continue the renovation and revitalization of its historic main campus in Davenport, Iowa.
North Campus Improvements
The current phase of this revitalization is focused on the north end of campus.
- The Northwest Campus Gateway, located at the corner of Main Street and Palmer Drive, will become the new main entrance to campus for visitors, students, faculty and staff who come to campus from the north. The gateway will include a multi-level plaza and a 30-foot monument with the Palmer crest.
- The West Hall Courtyard renovation will maintain the existing design while making the space more welcoming and accessible.
- The Historic Clinic Garden will be enhanced with new landscaping, restored fountains and a clearer view of this beautiful space from Brady Street, while preserving the garden’s historic artifacts that make this space so special to the Palmer community.
- The R. Richard Bittner Athletic & Recreation Center will be the result of a complete renovation and modernization of the current Alumni Auditorium. This modernization project is essential for recruiting and retaining students.
Will you help us revitalize north campus?
Vickie Anne Palmer Hall Renovation
In addition to the Campus Site Improvements, updates are needed in Vickie Anne Palmer Hall, which serves as the southern gateway to the campus. Proposed renovations will focus on . . .
- The new Museum of the Palmer Family will become a focal point that celebrates the heart of Palmer traditions.
- Renovating the Auditorium and Ballroom to include integrated sound systems and improved lighting. The auditorium seating will be replaced with larger seats for 1,980 people.
- Providing new electrical, acoustics and HVAC system throughout the building.
Help us honor our heritage with a new museum and needed updates in Vickie Anne Palmer Hall.
Athletic & Rugby Field
This stand-alone project will enhance property on the southeast side of campus to . . .
- Create a full-size athletic field for rugby, soccer, football and other sports that take advantage of the natural, steep-grade slope.
- Provide tiered grass seating areas, equipment storage and other amenities.
The field design will be similar to the rugby fields in Denver, Colo., where the Rugby National Championships are played.
Our goal is to build an athletic field that represents our long-standing tradition of winning athletics at Palmer.
Annual Fund Enhancements
Contributions to the Palmer Fund provide unrestricted resources for academic programs, clinics, libraries, chiropractic research, scholarships, and greatest needs areas. Annual gifts give College leadership the ability to respond quickly to emerging needs and opportunities.
Keep Palmer on the cutting edge of chiropractic.
Endowment Funds Enhancement
A strong endowment enables Palmer College to offset the rising costs of higher education by providing a protected source of income. It reduces risk and dependence on fluctuating tuition dollars, providing the College with opportunities to steadily advance.
Gifts to the endowment secure the future of chiropractic at Palmer.
Summary of Needs
Campus site Improvements
|$3.8 Million||Northwest Campus Gateway/Clinic Garden|
|$0.6 Million||West Hall Courtyard|
|$8.0 Million||R. Richard Bittner Athletic & Recreation Center|
|$2.9 Million||Vickie Anne Palmer Hall Renovation|
|$5.7 Million||Athletic & Rugby Field|
|$2.5 Million||Annual Fund|
|$1.5 Million||Endowment Funds|
Other Planned Improvements
|TBD||B.J. Palmer Classroom Building Renovation|
|TBD||Brady Street Streetscape|
|TBD||Vickie Anne Palmer Plaza|